- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (or a substitute)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* You can try shortening or coconut oil for dairy free. We’ve tried the coconut oil before and it’s definitely something we would have to get used to.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line your muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups gf flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with gf flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, smooth the batter with a wet spoon, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup gf flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center.
I’ve also made this as a coffee cake in an 8×8 pan, you just have to cook it for about an hour. Cover it with foil the first half hour so the streussel doesn’t get too dark.