My mother-in-law tried this recipe today for lunch and it was so moist and delicious!! I love fresh corn in cornbread, and this is definitely a favorite recipe. She used the kefir in place of buttermilk, so dairy free kefir could be used also.
2 ½ cups gluten-free yellow cornmeal
¾ cup sugar
1 cup gluten-free flour mix
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
2 cups plain organic kefir
1 cup canola oil
2 cups fresh corn kernels, or thawed frozen corn patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×13 inch glass pan.
- Combine cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, kefir, and oil.
- Stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture until just combined.
- With rubber spatula, stir in corn. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.