I went to a gf cooking class put on by the Family Network, and Gary shared this amazing multi-grain bread with us. After I took a bite I thought this is possibly the first time I’ve enjoyed gluten free bread for it’s flavor.
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 T sugar
1/4 cup warm water (110f)
3 cups Multi-Grain Flour Mix
1 T xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
2 T sugar
1 1/4-1 1/3 cup water or milk (cow, nut, rice, soy)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup oil (canola, olive, vegetable)
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a small dish for 5 minutes until foamy. (If there aren’t any bubbles throw out the yeast.)
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl
3. Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
4. Add all wet ingredients to dry mix and slowly mix until blended. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Dough may be runny.
5. Place dough in greased pan; let rise in warm place until dough is level with the top of the pan. (Or let it rise in the refrigerator over night- which is what I did and baked it in the morning)
6. Preheat oven to 375 F
7. Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes
8. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes
9. Take it out of pan and cool on a wire rack
Makes a 2lb loaf
For rolls divide the dough into 12 equal balls and let rise in a muffin pan.
Bake until golden brown 35-45 minutes