- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warm (or your favorite milk substitute-I used rice milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (or your favorite butter substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the muffin or popover pan in the oven to heat up.
- Use your food processor or blender for the best results. Combine the eggs, butter, and milk on medium speed until the mixture is uniform. Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then blend at medium-high speed until batter is smooth.
- Grease your muffin pan and filling each cup about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the oven heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the popovers are deep brown. Don’t open the door during the baking time.
- Turn off the oven, immediately pierce each one on the side, then leave them to “dry out” with the door ajar for 5 minutes to finish setting. Remove from the pan, and serve immediately.