Place a 10″ cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat it to 400 degrees.
1 cup GF flour mix*
1 cup GF yellow corn meal
1/4 cup sugar*
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs (room temp.)
1 cup milk, or milk alternative
1/4 cup melted butter, or your substitute of choice
*I used Pamela’s Bread Flour Mix today and cut out some sugar because Pamela’s mix already contains it.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl beat 2 eggs then add the milk and butter.
- Combine everything with a fork until just moistened, but don’t over stir even if the batter is lumpy.
- Remove your skillet from the oven and swirl 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil around. Then pour the batter into the skillet and level it with a spatula.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min (test with toothpick) and don’t over bake or it will be dry. (bake 15 min for muffins)