1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons GF pure vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
5 cups GF old fashion rolled oats
2 cups raw almonds, chopped coarse
2 cups raisins or other dried fruit, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 with the oven rack in the middle position.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt in a bowl, and then whisk in the oil.
- Fold in the oats and almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the baking sheet (about 3/8″thick). Use a stick metal spatula and press it down until it’s compact.
- Bake until lightly brown 35-40 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
- Cool granola on a wire rack for about an hour.
- Break granola into whatever size pieces you desire. Stir in dried fruit at this time. (store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
***Next time I want to score along the granola before I bake it, so I can try making granola bars. This is the best granola I’ve ever had!