I just stumbled across this recipe and it is so yummy! You could add other vegetables if you want. Use russet potatoes or yukon gold potatoes for the best results. Also use a 10″ skillet for correct cooking time.
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lb russet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and slice 1/8-inch thick rounds
1 medium onion, halved and sliced 1/8-inch thick
10 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle and preheat the oven to 425.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch ovensafe nonstick skillet. (I love my cast iron!!)
- Add the potatoes, onions, and 1/2 a tsp of salt. Stir and coat thoroughly.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft (8-10 min).
- Whisk the eggs, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt together.
- Pour over the potatoes and stir to gently combine.
- Cook for 1 minute while the eggs begin to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and baked until the top is puffed, and the edges pull away slightly from the pan (9 minutes).
- Use a rubber spatula to loosen the tortilla and slide it on to a carving board.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.