1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk, milk substitute, or water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flour blend, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt together and set aside.
- Whisk melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Whisk in egg, milk and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture with a rubber spatula and mix until soft.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 30 minutes to reduce the gritty texture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough in about 1 1/2 tablespoon size balls and space them 2″ apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time until golden brown edges have begun to set, but the centers are still soft. about 11-13 minutes (rotate the sheet half way through).
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
They can be stored for up to a day in an airtight container. If you form the dough into balls and freeze them, you can pull them out and bake them fresh whenever you are in the mood for a cookie or two. or ten. These are very very good!