My sister-in-law made these cookies with the Namaste gluten free flour blend (our local Costco sells a large bag for only $9). She really liked the way they turned out!
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups your favorite gluten free flour blend
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mini-semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring often. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla, beat with wisk until light in color and thick (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in melted chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Add dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Form cookies into 1 1/2″ balls and then roll them in confectioners sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake about 13 minutes – until the tops are puffed and crinkled and feel firm when lightly touched.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to wire cooling rack.