My mother-in-law made several GF treats this Christmas, and I’m very excited to share them with you! These cookies were a tradition in my husband’s family for his whole life, so it was fun to see them on the GF cookie platter this year! They really do melt in your mouth.
1 cup GF flour
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour and cornstarch together and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and gradually beat in sugar; beat well.
- Add salt and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients; mix well.
- Refrigerate 2 or 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into small balls, place 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- While cookies are still hot, roll them in powdered sugar.