I love the smell of peaches baking in the oven! The topping is so delicious. My boys had fun helping me today– one child pressing the food processor buttons, one licking the spoon, and the baby pretending the measuring cup was his telephone… “aaallo, aaallo. bye.” You can be creative with the fruit filling; I’m going to try apples next. It’s definitely a new favorite!
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten free flour mix
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, cut in cubes
1 egg yolk
½ tsp vanilla extract
5-6 cups of peaches, sliced
3 T sugar
3 T gluten free flour
1 tsp cinnamon
(mix the dry ingredients and toss with the peaches)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large food processor. Pulse to mix.
- Add the butter, egg yolk and vanilla. Pulse until crumbly (not smooth).
- Press about 3/4 of the crumb mixture in an even layer into the bottom of a buttered 9 1/2-inch springform or pie pan to form a crust. I used the butter wrapper to press it down.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit slices.
- Bake the tart for 30 to 40 minutes, or until it’s lightly browned and the fruit juices are bubbling. (Check it after about 30 minutes, as ovens and thickness of fruit vary)
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and transfer the tart to a flat plate. Serve warm or cold.