Makes 2 Crusts
1 cup white rice flour
½ cup potato starch
½ cup tapioca flour
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces (or your favorite butter substitute)
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon apple cider, white vinegar, or lemon juice
3 tablespoons ice water, or as needed
- Combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Form well in center. Add egg and vinegar; stir gently with a fork until just blended
- Sprinkle with water; blend together with a fork and hands until mixture just holds together and forms a ball. (Don’t add too much water or dough will be hard to roll.)
- Shape dough into ball and divide in half. Cover half with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Place remaining half on lightly floured (use rice flour) sheet of wax paper.
- Top with additional piece of wax paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper and invert dough into 9-inch (4 cup) pie plate.
- Slowly peel away wax paper and trim excess crust.