1 ½ cups granulated cane sugar
1 cup shortening or butter
2 large eggs or egg substitute
2 ¾ cup gluten free flour (I’d recommend King Arthur, Cup4Cup or GFJules)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
¼ tsp. Salt
2 tsp. xanthan gum, if it’s not already in your flour blend
2 Tbs. granulated cane sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together
- Add to wet ingredient bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (static) or 375 F (convection).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls by rolling in the palms of your hands. Roll each ball in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes, or until lightly browning and puffed.
- Remove to cool on a wire rack