1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg, separated
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup GF flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Strawberry, grape, or apricot preserves or jam
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and almond extract; mix well.
- Add flour and salt; beat well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- In small bowl, beat egg white lightly.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Dip each ball first in egg white, then in nuts, rolling to coat.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Using index finger, make indentation in middle of each cookie.
- Bake 25 minutes and remove to wire rack.
- While cookies are still warm, put a dab of preserves in each indentation.
Makes approximately 14 cookies.