4-5 gluten free hot dogs cut up
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup buttermilk (or plain yogurt) I used dairy free yogurt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mustard
- Turn on oven to 375. Melt butter in microwave or small sauce pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, applesauce, sugar and honey. Add eggs and stir. Add buttermilk (or yogurt) and whisk to incorporate.
- Using a sifter set on top of your mixing bowl, add baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt. Fold together.
- Grease muffin pan generously (using butter or non-stick spray) and fill each cup half full. Add a small squirt of mustard and a piece of hot dog. Top with more batter until cup is nearly filled.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can also make these in a mini-muffin pan