We’ve had a side of salmon in our freezer for a while— I finally poached it in the oven, wrapped in foil, and it was fabulous.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Take 2 large sheets of foil folded at the long seem. Lay a third sheet over the seem.
- Spray it with cooking spray and lay your side of fish skin side down.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels.
- Salt both sides of the fish, sprinkle it with 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar, and dill.
- Place sliced lemons over the fish.
- Crimp the foil tightly and place directly on the middle oven rack.
- Cook until the thermometer registers 135-140 degrees (about 45-60 minutes). To test just poke right through the foil. I started at 45 minutes and it was perfect.
- Open the foil, discard the lemons and wipe away any gelled liquid.
- Transfer to a platter or let it cool for half an hour and then refrigerate (up to 2 days).
- Serve with lemon wedges and Creamy Dill Sauce