6 slices of gluten free sandwich bread, torn into quarters.
- Process bread in a food processor until evenly ground (about 30 seconds).
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 7-10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees.
1/2 cup cornstarch
salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide strips
3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Transfer crumbs to a dish and toss with 1 T cornstarch, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Beat eggs in another shallow dish.
- Place remaining cornstarch in a ziplock bag.
- Set a wire rack in a rimmed baking dish.
- Pat the chicken with paper towels to dry and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place a few chicken pieces in the ziplock bag and shake the bag to coat.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken and dip in the egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs and place the chicken on the prepared wire rack.
- Heat oil in a 12″ nonstick or cast iron skillet, over medium heat until just smoking.
- Add half of the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides (4-6 minutes), flipping half way through.
- Drain the chicken briefly on paper towels and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate to keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken and serve.