3 pounds of assorted chicken parts, bone-in, skin on
8 cups of your favorite frying oil
1 cup gluten free flour mix
1/3 cup potato starch
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 egg whites
- Dry the chicken with paper towels and set them aside
- Pour oil 1 1/2 ” deep or just under half of a deep cast iron pan.
- Set over medium flame and heat to 380 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a shallow dish.
- In a large bowl beat 3 egg whites until they are frothy and doubled in size.
- Dip a piece of chicken in the egg whites and then roll the chicken in the flour.
- Set on a clean plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Use tongs to slowly lower into the 380 degree oil. Allow the bottom to crisp up slightly so it won’t stick to the bottom. Don’t crowd the chicken (only cover about half of the bottom of your pan).
- Fry the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is golden brown place it on a rack lined with paper towels.
- Bring the oil back up to 380 and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
Keep the chicken warm in a 225 degree oven. Enjoy!!