4-6 baking potatoes
3 tablespoons of melted butter or olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2/3 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
1. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Scrub and dry the potatoes and slice them into 1/2 inch slices.
3. Combine the butter and garlic in a bowl, then toss the potato slices until they are completely covered.
4. Lay them out in a single layer on the baking sheet, and then place them on the top rack of your oven.
5. Broil for 6-8 minutes, turn them over and broil for another 6-8 minutes. They will be golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife.
6. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over slices. Broil a couple minutes more until the cheese is melted.