My sister-in-law introduced the family to these super delicious and crispy french fries! Make a double batch- yum!
- Wash and cut potatoes into 1/4” fries (4-5 med. potatoes fit on a large baking sheet)
- Place in a large pot of cold water.
- Cover and chill 1 hour (up to 12 hrs.)
- After an hour, bring the pot to a boil for 5 min.
- Drain water from pot and toss potatoes with corn starch to coat.
- Heat oven to 475 and place empty baking sheet on top rack to get hot.
- When heated, take out sheet and quickly add about 1/4 cup canola oil, spread potatoes on top, and put back in oven.
- Bake for 15 min, flip with spatula. Repeat until nice and crispy (about 30-40 minutes)