1 cup shortening or butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups gluten free flour blend (or your favorite blend)
1 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp. salt
2 – 21oz cans of pie filling (I’ve had cherry and blueberry – both were delicious!)
1. Cream together the shortening and sugar.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Spread 3/4 of the batter onto a greased jellyroll pan.
4. Spread pie filling over the dough.
5. Dot with the remaining batter. (I put it in a ziplock bag and cut off one corner so I could pipe lines.)
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/4 tsp. vanilla
a few drops of milk (or your favorite substitute) until it is easy to spread.
Drizzle over the dessert when it is cooled. Enjoy! 🙂
I can speak for everyone who ate half the pan (because I was one culprit) – this is one incredible dessert.
Any thoughts on halving this recipe to make in a 9×13 pan if i only have one can of pie filling on hand? Also…no real difference then b/t using crisco or butter? Thanks!!!
I have halved it successfully, and it won’t matter if you use crisco or butter. Enjoy! Let me know how it goes.