I love everything about this cake! It’s so delicious and easy to make. We calculated the price is about $3.68, so that’s a few dollars cheaper than the box mixes.
My absolute FAVORITE cake ever.
Vegetable shortening, for pan
Cocoa powder, for pan
1 1/4 cup white rice flour
1 cup cup cornstarch
1 cup unsweetened GF cocoa Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 large eggs
1 cup milk (or milk substitute, we use rice milk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoons GF pure vanilla
1 cup very hot water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- grease your pan(s) with shortening and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix together. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the hot water, and mix for another minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. 2 – 9″ round pans, 30-35 minutes. 1 – 9×13 pan, 45 minutes. 24 cupcakes, 18-20 minutes.
- Use a tester to check the middle of the cake for doneness.
- Let the cake pans cool for 10 minutes and then turn them out on a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cake is cooled, frost as desired.