1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 large egg, separated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups GF flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
Strawberry, blueberry, grape, apricot or your favorite preserves/jam
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and almond extract; mix well.
- Add flour and salt; beat well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- In small bowl, beat egg white lightly.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Dip each ball first in egg white, then in nuts, rolling to coat.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation in middle of each cookie.
- Bake 25 minutes and remove to wire rack.
- While cookies are still warm, put a dab of preserves in each indentation.
Makes approximately 30 cookies.