2 cups granulated sugar
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan combine sugar, gelatin, salt and water. Stir well. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cool slightly and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and beat at high speed for 10-15 minutes until mixture resembles thick marshmallow creme.
- Pour into a buttered 9″x13″ pan, cover and let set for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1-inch squares or cut into shapes using small cookie cutters.
- Roll each square or shape into powdered sugar to coat all sides.